Tuesday 16 September 2008

Wild mushroom and cheese crepes

I'm in the process of using up all of my store cupboard ingredients at the moment and the need to use up leftovers etc. prompted the creation of this recipe. I really enjoyed the results so I'm posting the recipe here.

I took a handful of mixed dried wild mushrooms and soaked them in boiling water until soft (around 10 minutes) I then blitzed them with a clove of garlic. I softened the mixture in olive oil and then added a splash of brandy and then added about 3 handfuls of quartered closed cup mushrooms and cooked until softened. I finished the filling off my stirring in a couple of spoonfuls of creme fraiche and seasoning with salt and pepper. 

I then made up a batch of crepes and filled them with the mushroom mixture and sprinkled over some grated mature cheddar.

No comments: